Jun 10, 2009

Regretted buying this/ Wet n Wild minerals

Does anyone have time to read on about me dogging a mineral foundation? haha
I don't know what haul it was but I recently posted about buying some things at discount at Walgreens....Or maybe I didn't post it...gosh, I really can't remember, lol! Wet n Wild Ultimate Minerals was in that haul and is what I'll be reviewing today. Anyways, I didn't say much about this Ultimate Minerals by Wet n Wild other than that I bought it for like $3.29 or something, was light in coverage, and was sheer....After trying it like 5 more times here is what I thought.
Let me start out by saying that this is by-far the worse mineral foundation I have ever tried in my entire life. I have tried very many different brands of mineral foundations, some more expensive than others, and all have been satisfying in all my trials, even the cheap kind from Maybelline or Milani. Wet n Wild clearly defined themselves as 'Cheap' indeed by putting out such a sour & lowsy mineral foundation. No wonder it was on sale! I took it back and got my money back.
Now on to the Review:


A little under 2 ounces, $3 - $6 depending.

What Wet n Wild says about it:
"...Say goodbye to uneven, blotchy skin and hello to beautiful, amazing coverage! This light, mineral-based formula provides a natural-looking luminous finish as it covers like a cream, feels light as a powder and applies like silk. Flawlessly evens out skin tone with foundation coverage and a powder finish."

My thoughts:
Covers nothing, Isn't finely milled the way minerals should be. Leaves my skin totally blotchy and uneven. I was not impressed with this foundation at all, even thinking I could just use it as a finishing powder, nope, not good for that either. And the color? Where is it? The color just didn't show up on my skin, it was like I was trying to put on translucent tinted powder. Just overall and all around terrible. I would not recommend this to anyone, regardless if it is a bargain or not.

Product: 1 star out of 5

Packaging: 2.5 stars out of 5

Quality: .50 (half a star) stars out of 5

Overall: 1 star out of 5

Would buy again? Noooooo!

Where to buy: Walgreens, Wal-mart, Ulta or anyplace that sells Wet n Wild products-except CVS

Pros: Bargain, prices vary from $3 to $6. Packaging is pretty because color can easily be seen in jar

Cons: irritating, leaves a blotchy finish, isn't fine-milled, no-color (pigmentation is lacking), is not smooth, very hard to blend. No color choices, Wet n Wild offers these in only 4 tones

Overall: Terrible Mineral foundation, will never buy again and hoping Wet n Wild will take this off the market :)

No comments:

Post a Comment