Dec 13, 2010

NYC Lippin' Large lip plumper


What NYC Cosmetics says about Lippin' Large lip plumper lipgloss: "New York Color Lippin' Large Lip Plumper gives you noticeably fuller-looking, plumper lips. Cinnamon and Ginger help to enhance lip shape and fullness. The warm tingly sensation means it's working! Enriched with Vitamin E to hydrate, smooth, and soothe. Lips look and feel fuller, plumper, and kissable!"

My thoughts: When I first came across it I thought it was a little bit too pricey for a lipgloss tube, especially one made by NYC, but beforehand I had heard some good things about it so I picked out a color and bought it.

The color I have is in Strawberry Mousse, a light pink and golden glitters and shimmers. The lipgloss is featured in a clear squeeze tube and has clear screw cap and the applicator is slanted. The gloss has a light sweet scent.

My first reaction to it......... was that it had nice color pigmentation. Texture is not too goopy, sticky, or thick. It has a nice smooth consistency and kept my lips moist.

The percentage of glossiness is pretty good, I’d say just as shiny as a MAC lipglass. Within a few seconds I could feel the tingling sensation on my lips, not stinging just tingling and cool.

I wore it for several hours but after an hour or so, I wanted to see if it created any kind of plump in my lips. After making a judgement I noticed my lips looked about the same.

For what its worth, I really like the way it stayed on my lips, I was able to drink water without it transferring too much.

I am going to rate it an 8.5 out of 10 scale. I give it this rating because of the nice pigmentation and the lasting quality. Furthermore the points taken away reflect how little my lips plumped out.

I like the way NYC has a variety of colors in this formula and the amount of product in each tube is good, .55 oz to be exact.

NYC is available in CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, and Target as well as other websites, please Google for more information!

Other Colors:

Very Clear (471)
Strawberry Mousse (472)
Peach Parfait (473)
Toffee Kiss (474)
Pink Champagne (475)
Plum Tart (476)

Which Lip Plumper Lipgloss do you like? Love? Please let me know your recommendations!

---NYC Lippin' Large lip plumper lipgloss---

product: 4 stars out of 5

packaging: 3 stars out of 5

quality: 4 stars out of 5

overall : 3.5 stars out of 5

would buy again? Yes

pros: Pigmented color, lasts on the lips, affordable, quantity.

cons: Doesn't plump like it should, a bit on the expensive side especially for NYC cosmetics.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful color, I like natural. Did it make your lips tingle? I sometimes find that plump lipglosses do this to my lips. But actually "plump" my lips? Not really.

    Katie for Ouidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ouidad...I found that they did tingle just a little bit, was disappointed that it did not 'plump' :)

    ReplyDelete