Aug 29, 2010

Favorites of the Month

So, who is ready for autumn? One of the reasons why I love the month of August is because it really is the transition month for fall….the weather changes a bit, school starts, stores stock up on Halloween and fall décor, and fall makeup collections come out, can’t get enough of that!

To kick off my August Favorites post, I wanted to share a bit of joy with you about a palette that I’ve been swooning over like a diabetic in a candy store ;) It’s the Traditional Palette by LA Colors. Boy, if I would have known that this palette would be my go-to for everyday simple neutral looks I would have bought a whole case! Ok, maybe not a whole case, but maybe 2 or 3 backups? And they are only $1, sweet deal!

It has almost everything you need for a nice natural look perfect for the day at the office or in my case, a day at the clinic.

Signature mineral foundation- This is my old-school mineral go-to back when I first started collecting makeup. Their samples is what started it all, but because of my ‘rekindling’ I have decided to order the full size jars. I love this foundation because it gives your skin a glow, perfect coverage and doesn’t feel cakey or dry. Honestly I prefer Signature over Everyday minerals anytime.


Bonne Bell liplites in Strawberry Parfait- I own about 5 or 6 of these and never did I think to wear the lightest one for work of fear that I’d look like I sprinkled pink powder on my lips but actually this color is really nice! While it does look like a really light pink in the tube, on my lips it becomes really neutral and pretty....


Shu Uemura lash curler- I have never really liked the lash curler for the simple fact that my lashes are super strait. Up to this point, not a single thing could curl my lashes, I’ve even thought of perming them! When I had a bad experience with a really cheap lash curler I promised to never use one ever again…. it used to pinch me after which I would call it every name in the book…..But this one I like love!


Jane Blush in Blossom 02- What happened to all the jane stuff? Alot of their blushes seemed to be pretty popular among makeup junkies but then came the day they went on clearance and were discontinued. Anywho, I found a stash of jane products at walmart while vacationing on the coast and simply put, I love this blush! The color is a cute light pink with just a hint of coral.



Kat Von D liquid eyeliner- Since becoming a self-proclaimed liquid eyeliner application pro I've pushed myself to try out other brands of liquid eyeliner. Clinique, thumbs down. ELF, thumbs down. But Kat Von D? 2 thumbs up! :) I got this in a dark brown called Immortal Love, totally digging the names and she has a variety of colors to choose from. The applicator is a brush not felt-tip.



Estee Lauder Individualist makeup- Unfortunately not sold at EL counters but the trusty CCO's happen to carry it. What I love about this makeup is that it is supposedly sheer, but actually covers flaws beautifully. Natural and light, this tube of wonder will always be a favorite of mine next to MAC SFF.


Well, there you have it, my favorites for the month of August. Now I must get back to taking out my halloween decorations stash. hahaha, I begin decorating September 1st!

Which beauty product have you been using a lot of lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment