Jan 23, 2010

My thoughts on the Studio Sculpt Foundie by MAC


Semi-review, but take the information for what it's worth :)

My skin background: I'm an NC40 in MAC studio fix fluid and a NC40 and NC42 combo in the summer. My skin is Combo, which means both dry and oily at the same time. I moisturize my skin everyday for the obvious reasons: to prevent premature aging, and all the Etc. My skin though is very comfortable in my cheeks area but tend to get oily in the T-zone after a while-with or without foundation. I rarely break out at all. I may have maybe 3 small zits on my face once in a while, my only skin concerns are slight redness, discoloration in some places, scars from past zits.

I like foundation that is: full-coverage! I'm a big fan of full-coverage foundie's that feel light on your skin and make your skin flawlessssssss!!!! I don't like sheer coverage......I don't like wearing tinted moisturizer as foundation.....I simply love for my skin to look flawless, like airbrushed. I don't like foundation that is too moisturizing/oily. I like a slight dewy finish, unless it gives a matte finish then I dont apply powder afterwards. Sometimes I don't like to look dewy/slightly oily so I apply powder lightly.

Studio Sculpt Foundation

MAC says: it is a creamy, Luxurious, gel-based, and long-wearing. Medium to high coverage. Keeps skin smooth, plush and revitalizing.

From my own experiences I rate this foundation....

product: 4 stars out of 5


packaging: 5 stars out of 5


quality: 3.5 stars out of 5


overall : 3.5 stars out of 5


would buy again? No

My pros and cons:
pros: med to Full-coverage, dries to a dewy finish, alot of product in the tube and you need very little. 
cons: feels heavy on the skin, feels a bit sticky, not very long-lasting...the most is about 6 hrs, more expensive than the Studio Fix.

Here is what I thought: The one important thing I can say about the studio sculpt is that it is heavy! My skin has never felt so heavy by wearing a foundation before. The first time I applied it (only a generous amount, I did not build the coverage) the coverage was so-so....felt heavy and the foundation made my face look dull.....my taste was used to Studio Fix which made my skin glow simply because of the rich golden undertones.... After about 5 hours I could see it was wearing off slightly.... The second day it was heavy on my face (I wanted to apply it at a buildable coverage so I added more to the places I needed to). This second day the foundation lasted about 7 hours. 

On the third (and last) day of trying the foundation I had the same results as when I applied it the very first time. The coverage only lasted about 6 hours and started to wear off a bit after that. Unfortunately my skin was not used to this foundation and did make me break out slightly on the forehead and on the cheekbones, which is funny because I heard from a few people that studio sculpt foundation did just that.

On a scale of one to ten I'd rate: 5.5

2 comments:

  1. I really like this foundation..I guess it works different for everybody...for me it feels light and not as heavy as the revlon colorstay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofee, Yes I guess it is different for everyone....My first reaction to it was that it was heavy, I'm not sure why, maybe mine was made differently ?
    Next weekend I'm going to try out the mineralized liquid and I hope I like it!

    ReplyDelete